Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Things to do in London


London is one of the world's most visited places. There are many attractions to visit in London. People buy the London Pass and visit attractions such as the London Eye, British Museum, Buckingham Palace, National Gallery, Big Ben, Tower Bridge and so on. London is also a great shopping spot. Girls and women walk straight into Topshop store and walk out with several bags of clothes. Guys get Premier League soccer tickets and watch their favorite teams play. As for me, I would rather visit Harry Potter Studio and West End theatres.

  • Harry Potter Studio Tour


When I planed to visit London, the first thing came into my mind was going to Harry Potter Studio. As a big fan of Harry Potter, it was the perfect place to enjoy my stay in London. I wanted to try the infamous Every Flavour Beans and Chocolate Frog. Unfortunately, the tickets to the Harry Potter Studio tour were all sold out, even though there were still two weeks left before my arrival in London. If you plan to visit the Harry Potter Studio in London, I strongly recommend you to buy your ticket as far in advance as possible.  

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London Website: https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk

  • Seeing London Musicals


While you are walking down the central London streets, you can see many Musical theatres. I saw ‘Mamma Mia!’ and ‘Billy Elliot: The Musical’ during my stay in London. They both cost a lot of money, but it was totally deserved. These are my favorite musicals:



Wicked


             Sources: ticketmaster.co.uk

    • Theatre:  Apollo Victoria
    • Comments: This is the untold story of  ‘The Witches of Oz’ which reveals the truth behind Wicked Witch of the West.

 

Mamma Mia!

      Sources: ticketmaster.co.uk
    • Theatre: At the Novello Theatre
    • Comments: You can admire bunch of handsome and well-built guys with their shirts off!!
       

Billy Elliot: The Musical


      Sources: ticketmaster.co.uk
    • Theatre: At the Victoria Palace Theatre
    • Comments: People in this musical speak British dialect, which is quite challenging to understand. But I love this musical! You will be surprised  how lovely a small boy sings and dances on the stage.
       

The Lion King

      Sources: ticketmaster.co.uk
    • Theatre: At the Lyceum Theatre
    • Comments: The African Savanna unfolds before your eyes!
 

The Phantom of the Opera

      Sources: ticketmaster.co.uk
    • Theatre: At Her Majesty’s Theatre
    •  Comments: I love the main theme song of this musical. I so love the organ sounds at the beginning of the song!   

3 comments:

  1. They're very famous musical in other countries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I only saw Mamma Mia and Billy Eliot in London. As for the others, I saw them in Seoul. Haha :P

      Delete
  2. 한국에서도 내한공연 많이 하니까 하나하나 챙겨보면 다 볼수있을거에요 ^^ 저도 맘마미아랑 빌리엘리엇 말고는 다 한국에서 봤다는 ㅎㅎ

    ReplyDelete